If you are to operate the bouncy castle, in addition to the above, it is advisable that you are provided with written instructions about the safe setting up, operation and supervision of the equipment and that the name and address of the manufacturer is clearly marked upon it.
All inflatable play equipment that falls within the scope of the PIPA Scheme should carry a PIPA Tag and be listed in the database linked to the website detailed above.
USE ONLY EQUIPMENT WITH A CURRENT PIPA CERTIFICATE
It is not advisable to:
- allow the use of inflatable equipment if there is a high wind or wet weather - inflatable devices can flip over and slippery surfaces may cause injury;
- deflate the inflatable whilst in use - users can strike the ground heavily if this happens;
- throw objects (or other people) on to the inflatable;
- allow use of the inflatable if you have any doubts as to its safety;
- allow use of the inflatable without constant adult supervision - if one person is collecting money, they cannot also provide suitable supervision - THE VAST MAJORITY OF ACCIDENTS OCCUR THROUGH LACK OF OR POOR SUPERVISION. NOT PROVIDING ADEQUATE SUPERVISION CAN MAKE YOU LIABLE FOR RESULTING INJURIES;
- allow use of the equipment by more than the number recommended in the hire company's safety instructions. There must be no overcrowding;
- allow users to climb on to the walls or allow horseplay – most accidents happen this way;
- allow eating or drinking whilst on the inflatable.